lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Miles Efron <mef...@ibiblio.org>
Subject trouble with permissions?
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 21:12:10 GMT
i seem to be having a problem analogous to this one (no answer that i
see):

	http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/lucene/java-user/32268?
search_string=cannot%20overwrite;#32268

trouble is, i just put lucene on my new macbook pro and am having the
problem that if i build a large index, i get an I/O error due to
something like

	java.io.IOException: Cannot overwrite: /data/reuters/indexes/reuters/
deleteable.new

same code worked fine on my previous machine (still running on a G4
powerbook and a linux machine).  sometimes it has trouble writing the
segments file instead...

has anyone seen and solved this problem?  thoughts on what might be
behind it?

thanks,
-Miles