lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "WATHELET Thomas" <thomas.wathe...@europarl.europa.eu>
Subject RE: Deleting document by file name
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:27:36 GMT
do something like this:
public class Index extends IndexModifier { ...

 public int deleteDocuments(String field, String value) throws
IOException {
        return super.deleteDocuments(new Term(field, value));
    }

use like this :
index.deleteDocuments(filed name, field value);

  _____

	From: DECAFFMEYER MATHIEU [mailto:MATHIEU.DECAFFMAYER@fortis.lu]

	Sent: 01 February 2007 09:53
	To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
	Subject: Deleting document by file name

	Hi,

	I have a list of filenames like
	Corporate.htm
	Logistics.htm
	Merchant.htm
	that need to be deleted.

	For now on I  give this list to my Search application that reads
the idnex and give the results, and if the path contains one of the
filenames, I don't display this hit ... Not really proper programming

	Is there a way to delete the document in the index instead with
this information ?

	Thank u.

	__________________________________

	   Matt

	Internet communications are not secure and therefore Fortis
Banque Luxembourg S.A. does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message. The information contained in this e-mail is
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Nothing in the
message is capable or intended to create any legally binding obligations
on either party and it is not intended to provide legal advice.