lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kainth, Sachin" <Sachin.Kai...@atkinsglobal.com>
Subject Date searches
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 13:35:42 GMT
Hi all,

I have an index in which dates are represented as ranges of two integers
(there are two fields one foreach integer).  The two integers are years.
AD dates are represented as a positive integer and BC dates as a
negative one  There are three possible types of ranges.  These are
listed below with example dates:

*	BC - BC (-2000 - -1000)
*	BC - AD (-1000 - 1000)
*	AD - AD (1000 - 1200)

What I want is to have a textbox in which the user enters a year (eg
1990) and all records for which that date falls within the record's date
range are returned.

What would be the query syntax for this?

Cheers

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not
the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise
expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.  Registered in England No.
1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW.