lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kainth, Sachin" <Sachin.Kai...@atkinsglobal.com>
Subject RE: Index maintainance
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:14:55 GMT
I've just been looking at IndexReader and it seems you can do it using
that, but I don't know which concrete implementation of IndexReader to
use.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael McCandless [mailto:lucene@mikemccandless.com]
Sent: 23 February 2007 15:07
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Index maintainance

Erick Erickson wrote:
> If you're using 2.1, see IndexModifier. If you're previous to 2.1, the

> IndexModifier is (I think), hanging around in the contrib area. You
> have to delete a document and re-add it, there's no such thing as
"modify inplace"
> in lucene currently.

Actually as of 2.1 you can now delete and update documents through
IndexWriter.  I would recommend using IndexWriter instead of
IndexModifier.

Mike

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - (see
http://bluepages.wsatkins.co.uk/?6875772)

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not
the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise
expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.  Registered in England No.
1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW.