lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kainth, Sachin" <Sachin.Kai...@atkinsglobal.com>
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:33:46 GMT
Hi all,

Just wondering how one would perform index maintainance.  I know how to
add new documents:

writer = new IndexWriter(IndexDirectory, new PorterAnalyzer(), false);

(incidently, I wrote PorterAnalyzer myself for the PorterStemFilter
since I couldn't find an analyzer using it)

But what I don't know is how do we delete documents from the index and
how we replace documents in the index where those documents have
changed.

Cheers

Sachin

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not
the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise
expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.  Registered in England No.
1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW.