lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kainth, Sachin" <>
Subject RE: pagination
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:32:40 GMT
I might be missing something because TopDocs seems to only be about
finding the relevancy of documents and HitCollector doesn't seem to be
relavent either.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Erickson []
Sent: 21 February 2007 13:08
Subject: Re: pagination

See TopDocs, HitCollector, etc. Don't iterate through a Hits objects to
get docs beyond, say, 100 since it's designed to efficiently return the
first 100 documents but re-executes the queries each 100 or so times you
advance to the next document.

On 2/21/07, Kainth, Sachin <> wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering if Lucene provides any mechanism which helps in
> pagination.  In other words is there a way to return the first 10 of
> 500 results and then the  next 10 and so on.
> Cheers
> This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright
> protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this
> communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly
> agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be
legally binding.
> The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.
> Registered in England No. 1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove,
> Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW.
> Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you
> really need to.

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - (see

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message