lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kainth, Sachin" <Sachin.Kai...@atkinsglobal.com>
Subject RE: Search for a term in all fields
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:39:29 GMT
Well, here's my current thoughts on acheiveing this.  Instead of putting
a 1000 space gap between elements of the 1ll field could I not use a
character that isn't used in the data such as ~ and then somehow (don't
know how) use that to search all fields?

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_lucene@fucit.org]
Sent: 20 February 2007 18:30
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Search for a term in all fields

The information Erick gave you when you asked this question yesterday is
all very accurate -- the one addition i would make is that you don't
need SpanNear queries to take advantage of positionINcrimentGap --
PhraseQueries do that to.

Consolidating your fields into a single "all" field, or constructing a
BoolenQuery across all of your existing fields are really the two main
options -- each with their tradeoffs.

http://www.nabble.com/Search-in-all-fields-tf3254569.html