lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kainth, Sachin" <Sachin.Kai...@atkinsglobal.com>
Subject Caching
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:57:42 GMT
Hi all,

I have read that Lucene performs caching of search results so that if
you perform the same search in succession the second result should be
returned faster.  What I wanted to ask is whether this caching is any
good or whether it's a good idea to add some sort of caching layer on
top of Lucene to improve on it.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sachin

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not
the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise
expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.  Registered in England No.
1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW.