lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kainth, Sachin" <Sachin.Kai...@atkinsglobal.com>
Subject RE: Please Help me
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:47:34 GMT
I have a similar request.  Does anyone know if Lucene is capable of
implementing polyheirarchical taxonomies?

-----Original Message-----
From: Saroja Kanta Maharana [mailto:saroja.kanta.maharana@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 February 2007 13:45
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Please Help me

Hi All,

     Any one help to implements synonyms search in lucene.

*Regards*
*Saroj*

On 2/13/07, karl wettin <karl.wettin@gmail.com> wrote:

> 13 feb 2007 kl. 12.41 skrev Saroja Kanta Maharana:
>
> > "When i searched for "AND", "OR", "NOT" as query, it gives me the
> > following Exception"
> >
> > Exception in thread "main"
> > org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException:
> > Encountered "<EOF>" at line 1, column 3.
>
> You tried to parse the string "OR" as a query. AND, OR and NOT are
> treated as boolean operators by the query parser, and a query that
> match the operator is expected.
>
> <http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/queryparsersyntax.html>:
>
> Boolean operators allow terms to be combined through logic operators.
> Lucene supports AND, "+", OR, NOT and "-" as Boolean operators(Note:
> Boolean operators must be ALL CAPS).
>
> If your index is case sensitive, what if you type "OR" (with quotes)
> instead?
> If you index is not case sensitve, use "or" (without quotes) instead.
>

> --
> karl

Regards
Saroja kanta Maharana
+919886750538

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - (see
http://bluepages.wsatkins.co.uk/?4318150)

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not
the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise
expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.  Registered in England No.
1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW.