lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kainth, Sachin" <Sachin.Kai...@atkinsglobal.com>
Subject RE: Solr issue
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:36:11 GMT
Cool thanks Marius that did the trick.  It's a shame I spent most of the
day fiddleing with Java_home and classpath environment variables and
copying tools.jar to various locations and all sorts of other things I
read on forums and it turns out to be this!

-----Original Message-----
From: Marius Hanganu [mailto:hanganum@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 February 2007 17:28
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr issue

SOLR seem to have a problem if you don't specify the full path to
java.exewhen starting Jetty.

Here's my script for starting SOLR:

d:\programs\jdk15\bin\java -jar start.jar

Regards,
Marius Hanganu

On 2/12/07, Kainth, Sachin <Sachin.Kainth@atkinsglobal.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> When running the example in the solr release has anyone come up with
> the following issue when going to http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/:
>
> HTTP ERROR: 500
> Unable to compile class for JSP
>
> Generated servlet error:
> 12-Feb-2007 16:24:17 org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler generateClass
> SEVERE: Javac exception
> Unable to find a javac compiler;
> com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
> Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK
>         at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.CompilerAdapterFactory.getComp
> il
> er(CompilerAdapterFactory.java:105)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:929)
>         at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:758)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:382)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:472)
>

> Sachin
>

> This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright
> protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this
> communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly
> agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be
legally binding.

> The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.
> Registered in England No. 1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove,
> Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW.
>
> Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you
> really need to.

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - (see
http://bluepages.wsatkins.co.uk/?4318150)