lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kainth, Sachin" <Sachin.Kai...@atkinsglobal.com>
Subject RE: Lucene Web Service
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:28:55 GMT
But would it still use the Java version of Lucene?  Are you saying that
unlike Lucene Web Service, Solr can be used via .NET code?  Do they both
still use the Java version of Lucene though?

Let me explain what I want to do.  I want to be able to set up a
dedicated machine for dotLucene so that indexing and searching can occur
on a dedicated machine.  I therefore need web services to handle the
message passing between our CMS machine which will receice client search
requests and the dedicated dotLucene machine.  How would I use solr or
Lucene Web Services to achieve this?  Will I have to use Java Lucene to
do the indexing and searching?  I really want to be able to use
dotLucene.  Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Sachin

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Kimber [mailto:mailing.patrick.kimber@gmail.com]
Sent: 09 February 2007 15:11
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lucene Web Service

Hi

You could try SOLR
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/

This is obviously Java but you can access it using .NET...

Hope this helps

Patrick

On 09/02/07, Kainth, Sachin <Sachin.Kainth@atkinsglobal.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone know if there is a .NET version of Lucene Web Service?
>
> Cheers
>

> This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright
protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this
communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed
in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally
binding.

> The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.
Registered in England No. 1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove,
Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW.

> Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you
really need to.

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - (see
http://bluepages.wsatkins.co.uk/?4318150)