lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kainth, Sachin" <Sachin.Kai...@atkinsglobal.com>
Subject RE: categorisation
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 14:13:14 GMT
What does solr provide and how can I use it with dotLucene?

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: 09 February 2007 14:11
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: categorisation

On Feb 9, 2007, at 9:08 AM, Kainth, Sachin wrote:
> Are you saying that without solr I will have caching problems under
> load?

no, not at all.  i'm saying you'll likely reinvent a lot of what solr
already provides, in order to _scale_ that is.

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - (see
http://bluepages.wsatkins.co.uk/?4318150)

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not
the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise
expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.  Registered in England No.
1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW.