lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kainth, Sachin" <Sachin.Kai...@atkinsglobal.com>
Subject RE: Empty search
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 10:34:58 GMT
Yep it is the queryparser that I'm referring to.  Just sounds odd to me.
An empty string search should be handled properly I think.  It should
simply  to nothing.

-----Original Message-----
From: karl wettin [mailto:karl.wettin@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 February 2007 18:05
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Empty search

8 feb 2007 kl. 18.46 skrev Kainth, Sachin:

> Is it my imagination or does lucene produce an error if you present it

> with an empty string to search for?

I presume you are referring to the QueryParser? It sounds about right
that it would throw an exception at some point if you supplied it an
empty input.

--
karl

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - (see
http://bluepages.wsatkins.co.uk/?4318150)

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not
the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise
expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.  Registered in England No.
1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW.