lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From moraleslos <morales...@hotmail.com>
Subject Highlighting issues
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:22:02 GMT

In my search query I have two fields to search, a metadata field and the
actual contents. The metadata field is just an enum containing FIRST and
LAST. Here is an example search query:

Content:"Barry Bonds" and Metadata:FIRST

I have Lucene highlight the hits like this:

getBestFragment(standardAnalyzer, "Content", content);

Now I would only expect the highlighted text to show the key words Barry
Bonds but instead some of the highlighted text I get back actually
highlights the enum FIRST. For example, one highlighted result is this:
...attempting to slide into <p>first</p> base...