lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From poeta simbolista <poetasimboli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extending Query, Weight, Scorer
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:57:13 GMT

Chris Hostetter wrote:

> your Scorer.next method should be skipping over documents that you do not
> consider "matches" to your search.

But, since the value on the float[] is the same regardless it has a field
with value '0' and has no field, how can i tell one from another?

Chris Hostetter wrote:

> I can't help but wonder why you don't just use ConstantScoreRangeQuery for
> this?

Basically, I have been working on someone else code and they didn't use it.
I didn't know about this... does it do what I want? Does it do it faster?
Does it do the comparison numerically or lexicographically?

Thanks a lot!