lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From poeta simbolista <poetasimboli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to return results with null values?
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:27:38 GMT

Thanks for the suggestions.
Well, the thing is, some entries have a value on that facet, and some others
not. It may happen that all have, all have not, and any combination within
those.

Regarding the thing of adding a field with a specific non-conflicting
keyword, wouldn't it affect the performance of the queries? Especially if
there are a lot of null values, which in my case are more than 50%.

I have a facet BitSet, would it be feasible to:
- get those IDs of the entries which have the facet. ()
- go and perform a single query foreach entry with the ID, to get the actual
value of the facet.

Or would it be better to go through the whole index and get the values?

Thank you