lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mekin Maheshwari" <meki...@gmail.com>
Subject using DisjunctionMaxQuery
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 07:53:06 GMT
I am trying to use org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionMaxQuery

First, a quick check on how to use it.
I tried looking for javadocs, and the mailing list archive, but could not
find much.
Here is what I am doing :

//finalquery is a boolean query, that has a lot of field specific
sub-queries, each with a different boost, added to it

                        DisjunctionMaxQuery disMaxQuery = new
DisjunctionMaxQuery(0.1f);
                        disMaxQuery.add(finalQuery);
                        hits = searcher.search(disMaxQuery);

The only difference in the query.toString that I see when I print the
finalQuery & disMaxQuery is 2 additional sets of enclosing parentheses
followed by "~0.1"

When I search, I still see the same term being matched in multiple fields in
the explain output.

I tried setting the tieBreakerMultiplier to 0 and that does not change this
behaviour
I am guessing I am not using DisMaxQuery correctly
Should I be adding the individual Boolean sub-queries to the disMaxQuery ?

Thanks,
mekin.