lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From maureen tanuwidjaja <autumn_musi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Building lucene index using 100 Gb Mobile HardDisk
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:22:13 GMT
Dear All,

  I was indexing 660,000 XML documents.The unoptimized index file was  successfully built
in about 17 hrs...This index file resides in my D  drive which has the free space 38 Gb.This
space is insufficient for  optimizing the index file -->I read Lucene documentation said
about  its requirement of substantial temporary free disk space

  Hence,I now put my index file in the Mobile HardDisk which has the capacity of 100 Gb,and
restart indexing.

  However...there is an exception saying that :

  java.io.IOException: There is not enough space on the disk

  when I index the 120,000th documents

  It is a pretty weird thing!!...I keep thinking what is happening...Is  there anything to
do with the file system used?my D drive use NTFS file  system whilst this Mobile HDD use FAT32...

  Any comments/suggestion pls?

  THanks and best Regards,
  Maureen

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate