lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Lu" <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to define a pool for Searcher?
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:12:52 GMT
Hi, Nicolas,

Just a note: Having one searcher is far enough for ordinary usage,
even some production sites. But I do see some throughput gain through
increasing the number of searchers.

Those searchers should either be opened on an static index, or be
synchronized to open/close cleanly, to avoid any exceptions.

--
Chris Lu