lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: deviations
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 17:24:42 GMT
Have a look at the FieldSelector stuff, assuming you are using trunk
or some recent nightly build.  It _may_ help w/ what you are doing.
Also, I would think you could calculate the median at indexing time
(or just after), but I'm not sure I fully understand what you are
trying to do, so take that w/ a grain of salt.

You may find https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-762
useful.  It hasn't been committed, but will be before 2.1 (so you
will have to apply the patch too)  Also, don't worry about the
discussion of the internals, the patch as submitted by Chuck is good

You will have to calculate your deviations separately, but the field
size info should help.

-Grant

On Feb 6, 2007, at 12:13 PM, poeta simbolista wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to query results, regarding results.
> For example, get those results whose field "size" is 2 standard
> deviations
> from the median.
>
> It looks like sth I should do myself, processing results first,
> getting the
> median, and then calculate that threshold and perform a new query.
> Is it
> however, sth there that may help with that?
>
> Thank you
> --

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing