lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From robisbob <>
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 23:16:40 GMT
Hi all,

i hope someone can help me. If I index a file directory I get the error
you see here.
>  caught a class
>  with message: Cannot delete _57e.tis
> Exception in thread "main" Cannot delete _57e.tis
>         at
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.createCompoundFile(
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.merge(
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.maybeMergeSegments(
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(

So Lucene tries to delete this file, which exists and can be deleted
manually. But somehow Lucene can't.
The weird thing is, if I index the same directory (same content, not
same network) on my local machine, there is no such error.
I have searched the Internet for these kind of error and found only
advises about closing the FileWriter, which I do.
I use lucene-1.5-rc1.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message