lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to define a pool for Searcher?
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:03:37 GMT
I am a bit confused about what you are asking. Why do you need the
Searcher to time out? That code should release your searchers at the
appropriate times...when the index has been modified. The way that I use
it is to make a synchronized map that keeps around an index accessor for
each index that I open...from there the code should do the rest...when a
writer or a writing reader is released the code waits for all searchers
to be released and then clears the cache of searchers and new searchers
are created when requested until another writer or writing reader is
released...