lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Martin Braun <mbr...@uni-hd.de>
Subject autocomplete with multiple terms
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:09:25 GMT
Hello All,

I am implementing a query auto-complete function à la google. Right now
I am using a TermEnum enumerator on a specific field and list the Terms
found.
That works good for Searches with only one Term, but when the user's
typing two or three words the function will autocomplete each Term
individually - but the problem is that the combination of the terms
could probably return no results.
An autocomplete Function should be really fast, so a search for all
possible combinations of the terms  wouldn't be a good solution.

So my strategy is in a dead end.

Does anybody know a better way?

I am not sure if we get enough queries for a search over an index base
on the user-queries.

the only thing I have found in the list before concerning this subject
is http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-625, but I'm not sure if
it does the things I want.

tia,
martin