lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Beth Friedmann <friedm...@optonline.net>
Subject the never ending class path problem
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2007 17:36:42 GMT
I am hoping someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. I downloaded the
demo for lucene, 2.1.0.  I have put the core and demos jars in my class
path and have confirmed they exist with a set command.

My directory structure is:

c:\documents and users\owner\workspace\lucene
demo\src\demo\org\apache\lucene\demo

The java files including IndexFiles and IndexHTML reside there.

I am a windows user and clearly a very very new newbie, so help is
appreciated.

I choose start, run, cmd.
When I set the class path I typed:

set classpath=c:\documents and users\owner\workspace\lucene
demo\lucene-core-2.1.0.jar;c:\documents and users\owner\workspace\lucene
demo\lucene-demos-2.1.0.jar

This is as I said above what returns when I type set.

Then I type: java org.apache.lucene.demo.Indexfiles docs

get a no classdef Found

I also tried java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create --index
{index-dir} ..

Suggestions are welcome. Please make sure to include what directory I
should be in when I type the commands

Thank you,
Beth Friedmann