lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Caching
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:47:56 GMT
Not to get off topic, but I was curious Yonik, what does solr do if many
updates come in at a time opening and closing a writer each
update...does the first update kick off a warm operation, then before
that warm is done the second updates kicks off a warm operation, and
then before that warm is done a third update kicks off a warm
operations... etc.

Is that what happens? Is that fine behavior? Does it wait to see if more
updates are coming quickly so that it can batch them somehow?

- Mark