lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about merge factor
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 20:14:18 GMT
Found a mistake in my reponse...when I was talking about max merge docs,
I meant max buffered docs. If your going to optimize anyway, the key
setting appears to be max buffered docs, and I have yet to see the merge
factor affect anything (again, only if you optimize). Oddly, performance
seems to decrease as you up max buffered docs far before you are even
close to running out of available ram. I do not know why this is, but
you should certainly test to see what your prime settings are.

Also, the knew benchmarking stuff is awesome.

- Mark