lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiword Highlighting
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 22:44:19 GMT

mark harwood wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> Have you looked at the returned spans from any other potential problem scenarios (other
than the 3 word one you suggest) e.g. complex nested "SpanOr" or "SpanNot" logic?

Nothing super intense, but I haved look at some semi complex nesting and
it all looks great if you use the full span highlighting...highlighting
the first and last word of the span only works great if your limited to
word to word proximity searching (like in my parser <G> works great for
my sentence and paragraph proximity searching, though i had to add the
option of hiding my index marker tokens from the output)

Perhaps you know of something that I haven't run into that may not
highlight correctly ?
> Can you attach your code to a new Jira entry so I can have a play?

I certainly will.

- Mark