lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Locking in Lucene 2.0
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 17:33:39 GMT
Kadlabalu, Hareesh wrote:
> Hi,
> I am starting to work with Lucene 2.0 and I noticed that we can no
> longer create an FSDirectory using a LockFactory.
>
> Could someone point me to some discussion or documentation related to
> locking and what has changed in terms of best practices? It appears that
> the only way to build custom locking is to write my own Directory
> implementation.

I think you mean Lucene trunk (not 2.0)?  LockFactory hasn't been
released yet.

With the trunk, you can still instantiate an FSDirectory with your own
LockFactory using FSDirectory.getDirectory(*)?

Maybe you are referring to the boolean "create" argument?  That was
deprecated/removed from FSDirectory.getDirectory as part of:

Mike