lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: indexing performance
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:34:20 GMT
How do you expect anyone to be able to answer such an open-ended
question? What I'd do is create a test harness that generates a random
set of strings and try it.

Off the top of my head, this seems like a pretty steep requirement. And
at 2,000 docs a second you're going to have a huge index pretty soon
so you won't be able to do this for very long.

What are you trying to accomplish anyway?

Erick