lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Open & Close Reader
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:06:17 GMT
Well, it's your logic that takes the request from the user and executes the
search. So it's your logic that has to take care of any coordination between
threads that use the same reader. This is a standard multi-threading
resource-sharing issue.

If your application is not multi-threaded, I don't see how you can "close
the reader while the user is executing a query"...

Erick