lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search for a term in all fields
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:05:12 GMT
I don't see what you're getting at. There are only two forms of a query
term,,,,
field:value
value

And the second is really the first with the default field you specified in
the parser implied. So just think of all terms you specify in a query as
field:term.

Having some "special character" in the index doesn't help you because you
still have to specify the field. And your two choices are still either a
BooleanQuery that mentions all fields or indexing the data into a single
field.

Best
Erick