lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Neuter fields in query
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:03:51 GMT
Golleeee, Mark, it sounds like we're working on very similar projects <G>. I
solved something similar by storing the relevant parts of the original query
away ahead of time in a format suitable for using with the MemoryIndex. It
was lots easier to handle that way in my app, since I got in unfielded data
(entries on a form) that I had to map to one or more fields in my index
anyway, so it was just pretty much the raw query. All the manipulations I
had to do to make things work out (implied proximity and stemming with exact
matches etc....) were handled by throwing the raw query at the same
parser/analyzer for the MemoryIndex that I used originally with (you guessed
it) no fields in the query and just letting it default to the only field in
my MemoryIndex.....

Don't know if this helps or not.

Best
Erick