lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange Behaviour of BooleanQuery?
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 13:06:57 GMT
I assume it's a typo, but your for loop wouldn't produce your example as
they'd all be the same field....

But that said, I suspect that your QueryParser is analyzing the tokens you
feed it differently than how they're included when you make your own
BooleanQuery.

So, here's what I'd do. Use Query.toString() for both your BooleanQuery and
the query produced by QueryParser and see what's different, if anything.
That'll certainly give you a clue. If your QueryParser uses, for instance,
the StandardAnalyzer, it'll lowercase, remove most punctuation, etc, which
you wouldn't get with your manually constructed BooleanQuery.

And, of course, get Luke if you haven't gotten a copy already to examine
your index and see the effects of using various analyzers on a query.

Hope this helps
Erick