lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re : Re: Question concerning Analyzers
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 21:28:22 GMT
Then the analyzer you're using when parsing the query is stripping them. It
must be different than the one you use when indexing somehow. At least
that's the only explanation I can imagine....

Perhaps, somehow, you are using a default analyzer when you parse a query?
Or you aren't specifying the field when you query and thus a default is
used? Or you are using a PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper and dropping through to the
default? or ????

Just for yucks, I'd try using WhitespaceAnalyzer on a query with something
you *know* exists in the index for a particular field and work my way up to
whatever your real problem is in small steps (since you can't post code

Best
Erick