lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mohammad Norouzi" <mnr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to define a pool for Searcher?
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2007 05:04:52 GMT
Thank you Mark for your useful help. the code you introduce was very helpful
for me

but my only question is that I need to place an idle time for each open
searcher, so if it exceed the specific time then release that searcher and
get ready for another thread.

how can I put such this feature, I was thinking of a timeout listener, but
dont know where tu put it. I have a SingleSearcher that wraps lucene's
Searcher and it returns an ResultSet in which I put a Hits object. do I have
to put the time in my ResultSet or my SingleSeacher?

still I dont know ehrthrt the reader is important for Hits or Searcher?
consider I passed a hits to my ResultSet, now, if I close searcher, will the
Reader get closed?  or another vague thing is can a Reader work thread
safely for every Searcher with differenet queries?

Thank you very much again.