lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From maureen tanuwidjaja <autumn_musi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Optimizing Index
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 03:26:36 GMT
Hi,

  I had an exsisting index file with the size 20.6 GB...I havent done any optimization in
this index yet.Now I had a HDD of 100 GB,but apparently when I create program to optimize(which
simply calls writer.optimize() to this indexfile),it gives the error that there is not enough
space on the disk.

  I read that the size needed to optimize the index is twice as the original index size...then
it should be around 40 GB instead...I confuse why the size of 100 GB is insufficient to do
the optimization...

  Can anyone help me?

  THanks and Regards,
  Maureen