lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <>
Subject Re: all records within distance -- small index
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:54:31 GMT
I am doing this, but for 16000+ records.

I indexed each document with the lat/long values as keywords.  I added a 1000 to each value
to get it into the positive range.

I do a range query for the lat long, calculating the min/max for the long/lat from the origination
point.  Don't forget to add a 1000 to your offset before you do the search.

I do all this, and just figured out today that I was indexing with a SimpleAnalyzer, searching
with the StandardAnalyzer.  Will wonders ever cease?

----- Original Message -----
From: "no spam" <>
To: "lucene" <>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 2:12:43 PM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: all records within distance -- small index

I have a very small index of 500 docs with an index size of < 100k on disk
so far.  I want to whip through the docs and get only the ones within a
lat/lon within radius.  I realize this isn't how lucene wants to do things
(normally query search first) but how can I do this in an efficient manner?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message