lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Arnone, Anthony" <aarn...@rightnow.com>
Subject document field updates
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:17:51 GMT
I know this has been asked before, but I'd like to ask once more for peace of mind.

Is there a way to do single field inserts/updates without deleing and reinserting a document?

If the answer is no, what exactly would be entailed in adding this functionality, or, better
yet, is this planned for a future release of Lucene (2.0+)? Essentially, how heinous would
it be to reach way into the guts of Lucene to make this a reality? Also, would this even be
an efficient operation, or would it require an optimize operation to make searching perform
well?

Thanks for your patience (and understanding),

Anthony Arnone