lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: RamDirectory vs IndexWriter
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:29:28 GMT
Le Mercredi 28 Février 2007 16:19, WATHELET Thomas a écrit :
> I don't really understand the difference between using the ramDirectory
> and using IndexWriter.
>
> What's the difference between using ramDirectory instead of using
> IndexWriter with those properties set to:
> setMergeFactor(1000);setMaxMergeDocs(10000);setMaxBufferedDocs(10000);

The two classes are not designed to accomplish the same feature. The
IndexWriter write documents in a Directory. And a RAMDirectory is a special
implementation of a Directory which is holding the data in RAM, rather than
holding them on a file system like the FSDirectory.

--
Nicolas LALEVÉE
Solutions & Technologies