lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Felix Litman <f_lit...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: search on colon ":" ending words
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 04:37:58 GMT
OK. Thank you.  We'll have to consider using this approach.

  I guess the drawback here is that ":" will not longer work as a field operator. ?:-(

  We were also considering using the following approach.

  String newquery = query.replace(query, ": ", " ");

  It seems this way a colon should still work as a field operator if followed by a query term
with no space in between

  Thanks,
  Felix.

Antony Bowesman <adb@teamware.com> wrote:
  Felix Litman wrote:
> Yes. thank you. How did you make that modification not to treat ":" as a field-name terminator?
>
> Is it using this Or some other way?

I removed the : handling stuff from QueryParser.jj in the method:

Query Clause(String field) :

I removed this section
---
[
LOOKAHEAD(2)
(
fieldToken= {field=discardEscapeChar(fieldToken.image);}
| {field="*";}
)
]
---

and you can also remove the COLON and : related bits to do with start terms and
escaped chars if you want to exclude treating : as a separator, but from memory,
it's the above section that does the field recognition.

Antony