lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Felix Litman <f_lit...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: search on colon ":" ending words
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 18:12:53 GMT
Yes. thank you.  How did you make that modification not to treat ":" as a field-name terminator?

Is it using this  Or some other way?

String newquery = query.replace(query, ":", " ");
Thank you,
Felix
Antony Bowesman <adb@teamware.com> wrote: Not sure if you're still after a solution,
but I had a similar issue and I
modified QueryParser.jj to not treat : as a field name terminator, so work:
would then just be given as work: to the analyzer and treated as a search term.

Antony

Felix Litman wrote:
> We want to be able to return a result regardless if users use a colon or not in the query.
 So 'work:' and 'work' query should still return same result.

> With the current parser if a user enters 'work:'  with a ":" , Lucene does not return
anything :-(.   It seems to me the Lucene parser issue.... we are wondering if there is any
simple way to make the Lucene parser ignore the ":" in the query?