lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Alixandre Santana" <alixandresant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: decrypting a PDF to read the content
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 22:07:43 GMT
I´m using PDFBox 0.7.3

The problem i think its that i´m encrypting a PDF with Itext, with a
"null" User/Owner password. Then i try to decrypt the doc with a class
from PDFBOx. Its exactly there that
occurs the exception. That is, a format incompability problem.

In addition, i didnt found the  "org/bouncycastle/cms/CMSException" on
PDFBox lib, as you said. So...i tried to use the  "bcprov-jdk15-135",
a bouncy castle provider. Nothing happened.

do you have any idea?

Thanks

On 2/12/07, Ben Litchfield <ben@benlitchfield.com> wrote:
> PDFBox comes with a version of BouncyCastle that will work.  It is
> likely that other versions will also work as well.
>
> Is there a specific version that you have tried and didn't work?
>
> Ben
>
> Quoting Alixandre Santana <alixandresantana@gmail.com>:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I got this error when i tried to decrypt a pdf document encrypted by
> > com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfEncryptor class, with a null password:
> >
> > "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bouncycastle/cms/CMSException"
> >
> > Does anyone know which version of Bouncy Castle is the right one to
> > use with PDFBox API? i dont know anything about Bouncy Castle.
> >
> > I´m using the LucenePdfDocument Class, from the PDFBox API to decrypt
> > the document, with a  null password.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Alixandre

Alixandre Santana