lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael McCandless" <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: NPE in RAMDirectory after upgrade to 2.1
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:21:33 GMT
"jm" <jmuguruza@gmail.com> wrote:
> You were right. As I have many indexes I keep a cache of the
> IndexWriters, and in some specific case (that cannot happen in my dev
> env) I was closing them without removing them from the cache. Somehow
> it was working before 2.1, and upgrading made the error clear.

OK, glad you got to the bottom of it!

But, I don't think this error (NPE) is particularly clear (though it
is better than pre-2.1 which, I think, would in fact let the writer
run without holding the write lock).  I will open a Jira issue for
this.  I think we should explicitly detect when the IndexWriter is
used after being closed.

Mike