lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mike O'Leary" <>
Subject Storing extra data in index
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:49:49 GMT
Is there a standard programming idiom for adding extra data to an index that
has been created? I am trying to write code to index and search a set of
documents using the BM25 algorithm, so (as I understand it) I need to store
the length of each document somewhere and the average document length for
the collection somewhere (and, I guess, the number of documents that have
been indexed at any point so I can keep a running average). It seems like it
would make sense to store these values in the index somehow so they are
available to the search code. Is there sample code somewhere that describes
how to do something like this? Or is there a better way that I'm not
thinking of? Thanks.

Mike O'Leary