lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Renaud Waldura" <renaud.wald...@library.ucsf.edu>
Subject More Precise Highlighting
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:58:04 GMT
The old highlighter code used to highlight found terms in any field (too
broad). The new highlighter lets one specify a field when highlighting, but
it highlights that field only (too narrow).

In my case we have an "all" field that is the concatenation of all data
about the document. When I highlight e.g. the "title" field, nothing
happens, because the Highlighter doesn't know the title is included in this
"all" field.

How can I tell the highlighter that my query fields can map to some document
fields? It looks like I'd change the QueryTermExtractor, but it's
conveniently all-static and final.

--Renaud