lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Damien McCarthy" <damien.mccar...@propylon.com>
Subject FW: Question concerning Analyzers
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 20:21:28 GMT
"Can an analyzer index something but ignore it during a search"

It sounds like you might be using a different analyzer to parse your search
query than you used when you indexed the data. Perhaps you could print out
the toString() of the query you pass to the IndexSearcher, as this would
show you if the analyzer you use to parse the query is doing something you
don’t expect.

D.

-----Original Message-----
From: Xavier To [mailto:to.xavier@courrier.uqam.ca]
Sent: 07 February 2007 19:10
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Question concerning Analyzers

Hi, me again

I'm still stuck with my search engine, but something popped in my head : Can
an analyzer index something but ignore it during a search ? I'm asking this
because now that I've been searching for an answer, I've come to think that
I should redo the whole search engine, but I don't want to reproduce the
same error as we have now. It would be stupid to accidentaly redo the same
mistake. I still haven't received news from my seniors about me posting code
and all...

Xavier Tô
Bacc. en Informatique et Génie Logiciel
to.xavier@courrier.uqam.ca