lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "EDMOND KEMOKAI" <ekemo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Internals question
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:44:39 GMT
Hmm..doesn't lucene scoring determine how relevant a document is to your
query? That is what PageRank and HITS do as well, I believe. Page and
document are the same, if you want to index a page you'll obviously try to
convert it into a document. PageRank does link analysis to determine how
relevant that page is as it relates to the query you entered, does lucene
have something similar? How does lucene determine between two documents
which one should score higher if they both contain a certain term? Google
uses PageRank to make that determination, how does lucene do it?