lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Lucene QueryParser
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 16:26:09 GMT
On 12/5/06, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have finally delved back into the Lucene Query parser that I started a
> few months back.

Looks like interesting stuff Mark, but why did you make everything so
configurable (syntax-wise)?  IMO, there is a lot of value to
standards, and doing things like changing the precedence of operators
isn't necessarily a good thing :-)

Did you ever get a chance to look at Paul's surround language? (I've
never had the chance to dive into it myself)

> Query-time thesaurus expansion / General token to query expansion :
> Takes advantage of a general find/replace feature, "expand" might map to
> "(expander | expanded)" ... or any other valid syntax.

The QueryParser does this instead of TokenFilters?
Is it based on static configuration?

-Yonik