lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Find Me" <findm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Speed of grouped queries
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 21:09:06 GMT
On 1/2/07, sdeck <scott.decker@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for advanced on any insight on this one.
>
> I have a fairly large query to run, and it takes roughly 20-40 seconds to
> complete the way that i have it.
> here is the best example I can give.
>
> I have a set of roughly 25K documents indexed
>
> I have queries that get documents matching a particular actor.
>
> Then, I have a movie query that takes all of the documents found for each
> actor query and combines them all together to say, here are all documents
> that are relevant for this movie.
>
> Then, and here is the time hog, I have a genre query that says, take all
> movies and get their results and combine them together into this genre
> result set.

Is there any possibility to use Carrot clustering for genre? Could you
please give examples for the final complex query as well as individual
simple queries?  You can also state the aim of the query. Are you trying to
get clustered list of movies (based on genre) for a particular actor?

--Rajesh Munavalli

The problem is, at indexing time, I do not have a way to say if a document