lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Miller" <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject rewriting wildcard query before highlighting
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:48:47 GMT
Looking for opinions:

If I pass the reader of a large index to the query rewrite method just to
highlight a single doc it seems the query I generate will expand to much
more than I need. Would it be more efficient to make a RAM index with just
the doc to be highlighted and then pass the reader of that into the rewrite
method before highlighting a query that expands? This would also alleviate
having to get the reader for the large index (a synchronized call). No go?

- Mark